Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Les Sims 3 Complete Edition Patch Fr
Rogue Spywares I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 1:44 am by mainelil

» Breaking Dawn Movie Part 2 Free Download Ilivid
Rogue Spywares I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 4:50 pm by lesbet

Rogue Spywares I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 4:47 pm by lesbet

Rogue Spywares I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 2:35 am by lesbet

Rogue Spywares I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 2:34 am by lesbet

» Niche Goldmine Video Series
Rogue Spywares I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 9:57 am by almwon

» Oi this thing is dead...
Rogue Spywares I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:50 am by C13INTZ

» Synthesis Gaming Up and Running
Rogue Spywares I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 7:36 pm by ZombieswithJetpacks

Most Viewed Topics
FORUM USE - BAR HELP
360 Controller Config
Update History: LATEST 2.6 - 11/12/2010
CENSORSHIP - Deconstruction of our world as we know it.
SPRAYS - LOGOS
Do stats mean anything?
Breaking Dawn Movie Part 2 Free Download Ilivid
The happiest upbeat song about sex and crystal meth
Cam0's neigborhood lfd2 survival map
Les Sims 3 Complete Edition Patch Fr
Keywords
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Rogue Spywares

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
§traight X Edge

§traight X Edge

Rep : 7

Rogue Spywares Vide
PostSubject: Rogue Spywares   Rogue Spywares I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:49 pm

So somehow my computer managed to install a rogue spyware into my computer called "Anti-Spyware Soft" today. It claimed a list of infections has invaded my computer and urged me to purchase it. At that time I didn't know the software was a rogue so I decided to scan my computer with Norton 360 and see if those infections really did exist. Upon further research I found out the software was a fraud so I installed Malware Bytes and removed it via Safe Mode with Networking.

Just a heads up for anyone who encounters a software called "Anti-Spyware Soft". This software is a rogue and will release infections into your computer and pop ads up for you to purchase it. It won't stop until you do purchase this. The first destinations it will target is your Windows Task Manager (so you can't end the process) and msconfig (so you can't disable it at startup). Procedures to remove this software or possibly any rogue anti-spyware are listed below.

1- Reboot your computer and start into "Safe Mode with Networking". To do this restart your computer and press the F8 key rapidly. The approximate time to do it is between the POST and the boot.ini but seriously who's reaction is that quick? So keep pressing F8 or the designated key for Advanced Boot Options and start your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking".

2- When the desktop loads up go into google and type in "Malware Bytes". Download and install this program and update it. Let it scan your machine (it took a few minutes for me) and it should find the rogue spyware. Remove it.

Note: If you have an anti-virus program the rogue spy-ware will not be detected because it's considered a "legit" program. I recommend Malware Bytes for this remedy.
Back to top Go down
MärvïN

MärvïN

Rep : 11

Rogue Spywares Vide
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Spywares   Rogue Spywares I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:05 pm

HijackThis is the best for scanning your processes of the task manager. This is a crucial piece of software during such attacks as; Trojans, Worms, etc. Ones that disable your ability to do much, as long as you can weave your browser over to their site, you are set.

HijackThis
http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

Spybot: Search & Destroy - Is a very good scanner that goes in deep (over 750k entries) of spyware and malware, along with viruses. It will even run at startup before any processes start and scan. It is a very useful tool, that everybody should have.

Spybot.
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

Thee most important of all the tools,

WIRESHARK.

This is an advanced tool, useful only to the Network Technician or Administrator. If you have trouble with simple windows options or software, then please stay away from this.

Wireshark, scans your entire network connection, for every single piece of data being sent. Every packet, all routes used, and a ton of other options. It is very handy if you believe somebody is entering your network without your permission, as you can observe them connecting. It displays every single inquiry from your Network, HTTP connections, IP addresses, routing traffic, etc. Even going to Google, will bring up 20+ lines of log in this program.

It even highlights and seperates traffic for you, along with filters, so that you can see the connection in progress.

(As you can see clearly in this picture, the packet dropping.)
https://i.servimg.com/u/f65/14/25/81/65/wiresh11.jpg

If you are a Tech noob, this tool won't help you too much, as you will get confused until you learn to use filters and know what you are looking at. This tool is vital to any aspiring admin...

Wireshark

http://www.wireshark.org/download.html
Back to top Go down
http://Synpowered.com
§traight X Edge

§traight X Edge

Rogue Spywares Vide
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Spywares   Rogue Spywares I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 6:28 am

Well I used Malware Bytes because it removed it for free. I actually used Dr. Spyware first but it went "BUY BUY BUY!" so I said, "Screw it."
Back to top Go down
C13INTZ

C13INTZ

Rep : 17

Rogue Spywares Vide
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Spywares   Rogue Spywares I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 4:37 pm

I ♥️ Malware Bytes
Back to top Go down
§traight X Edge

§traight X Edge

Rogue Spywares Vide
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Spywares   Rogue Spywares I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:11 pm

Same here. :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rogue Spywares Vide
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Spywares   Rogue Spywares I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rogue Spywares

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: -- Ground Zero -- :: General Discussion-