Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Les Sims 3 Complete Edition Patch Fr
The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 1:44 am by mainelil

» Breaking Dawn Movie Part 2 Free Download Ilivid
The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 4:50 pm by lesbet

The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 4:47 pm by lesbet

The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 2:35 am by lesbet

The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 2:34 am by lesbet

» Niche Goldmine Video Series
The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 9:57 am by almwon

» Oi this thing is dead...
The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:50 am by C13INTZ

» Synthesis Gaming Up and Running
The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 7:36 pm by ZombieswithJetpacks

Most Viewed Topics
FORUM USE - BAR HELP
360 Controller Config
Update History: LATEST 2.6 - 11/12/2010
CENSORSHIP - Deconstruction of our world as we know it.
SPRAYS - LOGOS
Do stats mean anything?
Breaking Dawn Movie Part 2 Free Download Ilivid
The happiest upbeat song about sex and crystal meth
Cam0's neigborhood lfd2 survival map
Les Sims 3 Complete Edition Patch Fr
Keywords
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The Straight Edge Society

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
§traight X Edge

§traight X Edge

Rep : 7

The Straight Edge Society Vide
PostSubject: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:10 am

As many of you are aware now I'm live a Straight Edge life. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. And I don't engage in promiscuous activities. Even though this life seems all fine and dandy it brings a lot of controversies especially when I'm dealing with hormone raged teens with nothing better to do but to try to knock every girl up then kick them down the stairs, drink beer until their mouths start foaming, or smoke until instead of blood, smoke flow through their veins. People keep saying we Straight Edgers are arrogant, conceited, cocky, and violent. I for one disagree. There's no effect unless there's a cause. Ever since Straight Edge was founded by the band Minor Threat people have been spilling these ignorant lies how we don't know how to live a fun life or ironically a "smart life".

I find it pretty sad if a person needs toxin substance to enjoy their life especially during parties. There are people at my school smoking and drinking. When I tell them I don't drink they would give me this condescending face and go "YO YOU WHACK SON! YOU IN ANOTHER WORLD!" Yeah, I'm in another world... pfft.

The next topic is everyone's favorite, SEX. There are people in my school who idolize Bill Clinton for cheating on his wife and Tiger Woods for having more hos than Santa Claus. Now when I would oppose this and say what those two did was wrong once again people would look at me and ask me what is wrong with me? It's so stupid it's hilarious!

I can't be the one who says I'm not the one to judge. I highly despise smokers especially they smoke near me and the second hand smoke is getting into my lungs. I like my lungs smoke free. I have friends who drink and they respect that I don't drink (unfortunately I don't respect that they do drink) so they would avoid peer pressuring me into drinking. I'm really disgusted on how the people draw the world these days and by what principles people live by. This world needs a big change and not the one Obama talks about. Personally, I think this world needs a Straight Edge change.

P.S. - This was a bit of a rant but no way intended to be a troll thread.
Back to top Go down
§traight X Edge

§traight X Edge

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:12 am

Bump.
Back to top Go down
C13INTZ

C13INTZ

Rep : 17

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:41 pm

bump? really? u just fucking put this post up.
also, with a loss of religion comes a loss of respect for others and oneself. originally people lived good moral lives because of their religious beliefs, but now that religion is more of a second hand thing than a persons main goal in life, it has almost become obsolete. people don't know how to live a good and moral life without religion so they behave like animals. or at least thats my take on it all, we just need to act civilized without needing to put our faith in a higher power. some things will change with age, but a lot of it wont.
Back to top Go down
§traight X Edge

§traight X Edge

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:42 pm

Yes, really, bump. :] I like bumping threads. Nowadays only a few people know how to live a moral life. Poison plagues everyone and no one even bothers to look at their bad decisions. Straight Edge isn't a religion, it's a sub-culture. :]
Back to top Go down
C13INTZ

C13INTZ

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:24 pm

u fucking bumped it 2 min after u posted it u retard
Back to top Go down
CamoNinja

CamoNinja

Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:52 pm

these are my OPINIONS!!! on drugs and stuff

CIGARETTES:

being a person who WAS addicted to cigarettes for a while i have this to say, people who always tell people to "just quit" or "just stop smoking" are complete assholes. because when u start smoking you whole mindset changes, and its like when u light up a cigarettes its just feels normal and that its just part of your daily life, we know its bad and we shouldn't have started but once you get addicted everything changes. so people who have never smoked cigarettes and are telling people to just quit or are saying its not hard, like seriously STFU IT IS HARD!!!. ya so my word of advice, NUTHINS GONNA HAPPEN IF YOU SMOKE 1 CIGARETTE, BUT IF YOU START SMOKIN FOR LIKE A WEEK STRAIGHT YOUR MOST LIKELY GOING TO GET ADDICTED.

WEED

well coming from a person who USED to be a pot head i this to say. DONT EVER START SMOKING WEED, IF YOU HAVE NEVER SMOKED WEED BEFORE ITS COOL IF YOU TRY IT ONCE BUT DONT DO IT AGAIN. weed is stupid, time consuming, money consuming, taking major risks, and other shit like that. i suggest only smokin weed if you. have your own place, and are on a stable budget,

PROS

1. is really fun.
2. makes EVERYTHING better.
3. good for if your really stressed.

CONS

1.VERY money consuming
2.VERY time consuming
3.unhealthy (lungs, etc)
4. it doesn't make you stupid but just a little slower Smile
5.can be put on probation, sent to jail/juvie, get fined, or do community service, if you are caught with weed, selling weed, or smoking weed,
6.can make you sketchy. (paranoid/scared/freaked out at stuff)
7.can stay in you for up to 1 MONTH. (aw you gotta get piss tested at you new job tommarow? well thats to bad)

BEER/ALCOHOL/LIQUOR/

i drink occasionally and i think that theres nothing really wrong with drinking AS LONG AS YOU DONT DRINK ALOT!!!!! but a few beers arnt really gonna hurt you. i think its better then weed Very Happy. im not sure but i think like one shot of whiskey or wine a day is actually healthy for you, sumtin to due with blood flow i think.
Back to top Go down
§traight X Edge

§traight X Edge

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:24 pm

Yes Camo cigarettes are highly addictive but from what my experience is people shouldn't start smoking. Whether it's due to curiosity or peer pressure you can always look for your will to resist. The same goes for weed. Alcohol and liquor on the other hand I can't stand. Once in awhile is okay. But once a week, twice a week, is way too much. Plus everyone has stress in their lives a lot of people just find more productive or less harmful ways such as drawing, watching TV, and playing video games(which is all what we do). :]
Back to top Go down
CamoNinja

CamoNinja

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:10 am

ya thats what i was saying was try not to start smoking cigarettes in the first place Razz
Back to top Go down
§traight X Edge

§traight X Edge

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:28 am

I just realized something. We must have more posts than Marvin. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
C13INTZ

C13INTZ

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:10 pm

i have more than double
Back to top Go down
§traight X Edge

§traight X Edge

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:01 pm

Lol Marv's slacking!
Back to top Go down
C13INTZ

C13INTZ

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:14 pm

he pays for the servers, made/upkeeps the forums, and gives us a fail ass group to be in control over. he doesn't need to do the little things
Back to top Go down
CamoNinja

CamoNinja

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:57 pm

marvin = SUPER BIG BAD MOTHERFUCKER IN CHARGE (SBBMFIC)

clientz, camo, staright = WE DO WORK SON
Back to top Go down
§traight X Edge

§traight X Edge

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:08 am

Marvin = big boss man Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MärvïN

MärvïN

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 3:23 am

Haha, it's not that I am slacking. I've had finals all this week, 16 chapters per class basically. I haven't even been on my PC in two days. Wink

Either way, I appointed you guys to help maintain and get things going, not because I wanted to stop doing it. Originally C13INTZ was a 'Practice Manager' to run things when Chem & Myself weren't around. But I quickly adopted him into Lt. Role...

Vir/Arcane/Edge/etc, One of our best admins to date. You have put in time and effort to use the servers and recruit people, for that I thank you more than you know.

But you have to stop saying about how people hate our forum and such. I mean I see how you view things at the current state. It is a slow season right now. We do have members on here, we are boasting 200 members almost in our group. So 1:4 group to board ratio isn't bad considering that most don't show up to events.

Summer is a big time factor, people are relaxing (gaming) then. We were created 1 year ago June 2010. So just remember our main activities were during summer months.

No worries, I have plans for us to build up again. I am working on an entire revision of the boards and some other surprises.

Either way, I figured I'd also point out that we have had just under 6000 views of just our main forum block (not portal, default page.) In just over 6-7 months. So figuring how small and obscure we are, 1k unique IP's a month is amazing.

Lets get some ideas going, I'll make a thread about it.
Back to top Go down
http://Synpowered.com
§traight X Edge

§traight X Edge

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 9:15 am

We should make a pop up in Left 4 Dead 2 in game for all the people who haven't signed up for the forums yet. The pop up should say "Sign up for forums before the Karma Charger gets ya!" On the other hand that'd make everyone rage quit.
Back to top Go down
C13INTZ

C13INTZ

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 4:57 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
§traight X Edge

§traight X Edge

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 7:05 pm

OMFG! Clientz! Fuck you! "Lol" is such a convo killer jeez! Use your imagination to think of something else. I know you're creative. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
C13INTZ

C13INTZ

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:42 pm

im not creative, and if no one laughs at your shitty joke then u wont think its funny and cut ur self out of depression, in other words, lol just saved ur life
Back to top Go down
§traight X Edge

§traight X Edge

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 2:11 am

I'm serious. Lol is a conversation killer.
Back to top Go down
C13INTZ

C13INTZ

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 12:47 am

at least its an actual response people understand unlike cam0 and his post in the link below, wtf is he sayin ya to? and for what reason?

http://synthesis.omgforum.net/general-discussion-f14/spring-summer-season-2010-t322.htm#1302
Back to top Go down
§traight X Edge

§traight X Edge

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 12:48 am

I think he's saying he agrees with Marvin or something along those lines. Man, you just keep taking shots at him don't ya? Lol.
Back to top Go down
CamoNinja

CamoNinja

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:20 am

yes ty staright, i am agreeing with marvin and saying that it is a good idea Razz
Back to top Go down
§traight X Edge

§traight X Edge

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:28 am

See Clientz what did I tell you?! :O
Back to top Go down
CamoNinja

CamoNinja

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:23 pm

clientz is always trying to catch other people in there fails, when all along hes just trying to hide his Razz

jk clientz dont block me again plox Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Straight Edge Society   The Straight Edge Society I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Straight Edge Society

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: -- Ground Zero -- :: General Discussion-