Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Les Sims 3 Complete Edition Patch Fr
Cliché: because reading too many tragic novels makes you look at how life is just good as it is. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 1:44 am by mainelil

Cliché: because reading too many tragic novels makes you look at how life is just good as it is. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 1:44 am by mainelil

» Breaking Dawn Movie Part 2 Free Download Ilivid
Cliché: because reading too many tragic novels makes you look at how life is just good as it is. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 4:50 pm by lesbet

Cliché: because reading too many tragic novels makes you look at how life is just good as it is. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 4:47 pm by lesbet

Cliché: because reading too many tragic novels makes you look at how life is just good as it is. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 2:35 am by lesbet

Cliché: because reading too many tragic novels makes you look at how life is just good as it is. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 2:34 am by lesbet

» Niche Goldmine Video Series
Cliché: because reading too many tragic novels makes you look at how life is just good as it is. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 9:57 am by almwon

» Oi this thing is dead...
Cliché: because reading too many tragic novels makes you look at how life is just good as it is. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:50 am by C13INTZ

» Synthesis Gaming Up and Running
Cliché: because reading too many tragic novels makes you look at how life is just good as it is. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 7:36 pm by ZombieswithJetpacks

Most Viewed Topics
FORUM USE - BAR HELP
360 Controller Config
Update History: LATEST 2.6 - 11/12/2010
CENSORSHIP - Deconstruction of our world as we know it.
SPRAYS - LOGOS
Do stats mean anything?
Breaking Dawn Movie Part 2 Free Download Ilivid
The happiest upbeat song about sex and crystal meth
Cam0's neigborhood lfd2 survival map
Les Sims 3 Complete Edition Patch Fr
Keywords
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Cliché: because reading too many tragic novels makes you look at how life is just good as it is.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
marie.razzmatazz

marie.razzmatazz

Resident

Resident

Rep : 1

Cliché: because reading too many tragic novels makes you look at how life is just good as it is. Vide
PostSubject: Cliché: because reading too many tragic novels makes you look at how life is just good as it is.   Cliché: because reading too many tragic novels makes you look at how life is just good as it is. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:44 pm

yes i know its more of prose than a poem xD
but still i hope you guys enjoy Very Happy<3

I.
If this were a cliché,
A poem, or both
It would be about sparkling midnight skies and heartbeats and flowers.

There would be oceanic eyes and rain that tastes like tears. We’ll throw in anxiety-riddled murmurs and metaphorical bullets and allusions to sharp objects for pity.

This is not a cliché anymore.

So instead I wrote about the flavor of emerald and the fragrance of April hope. I painted pictures of a perfect pencil, poised over a blank page.

II.
If this were a romance,
A message in a bottle, or both
It would still be cliché, to capture electric fingers and longings locked away with skeleton keys, and drugs.

We’d find footprints in the sand and read angels into them. We’d collect rejected roses, tarnished rings, and hopeful held breaths where the tides washed them up, tie them up with ribbon, and cork it all away for someone else to worry about.

This is not a romance either.

So instead I baked coffee cake while it rained, and picked the weeds from the garden to display in crystal carafes. I inhaled the moon when the clouds parted.

III.
If this were a slow-dance song,
A diary, or both,
Our ballet shoes would get dirty after too many last calls, enough encores already, and our hands would cramp up after calligraphy, too, became cliché.

Which is why I’m tired of writing roses and champagne and fairytales, and pouring senseless images on your head like cloudbursts. I’m bored with the old evening gowns and hinting at seduction, and sick of lonely letters written from the highest tower in the castle.

This is not a song-and-dance act.

So instead I’m trying something new. It’s sleeping in the sun and eating ice-cream sandwiches under the bleachers, and driving around barefoot because crazy things make me smile. It’s paper-clip necklaces and yoga on beach towels in the backyard.

IV.
If this were a cliché,
A suicide note, or both
It would have capital letters at the bottom which said THE END. It would be about changing seasons and candles burning out and taking life’s clichés into your own hands. It would be bittersweet irony, but it would still have been just one in a long line.

I am dead serious. The thing about clichés is that we’re all stereotypes in high definition and living is just a chance to blow the subs. Because truth be told, I’m just an idiom of blue eyes and black-and-silver dreams, and I love walks on the beach and scenic drives on the moon and idyllic cemetary cathedrals.

This is not a cliché, because it admits to being one.

So instead I’m stealing every old starry-eyed platitude and flaunting it at my fingertips. Because the truth is that we don’t know the truth, and we’re all dying, and we’re all burning like stars, and all we have is emotion to separate us from vegetables. All we have is screaming and crying and dancing until we collapse, all we can do is laugh and bleed and hold on tight, all we are is feeling.
And sometimes that’s enough.
Back to top Go down
MärvïN

MärvïN

Rep : 11

Cliché: because reading too many tragic novels makes you look at how life is just good as it is. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Cliché: because reading too many tragic novels makes you look at how life is just good as it is.   Cliché: because reading too many tragic novels makes you look at how life is just good as it is. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:56 pm

Ist wunderbar Wink
Back to top Go down
http://Synpowered.com
marie.razzmatazz

marie.razzmatazz

Resident

Resident

Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Cliché: because reading too many tragic novels makes you look at how life is just good as it is.   Cliché: because reading too many tragic novels makes you look at how life is just good as it is. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 9:46 am

hahahaha thankies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cliché: because reading too many tragic novels makes you look at how life is just good as it is.   Cliché: because reading too many tragic novels makes you look at how life is just good as it is. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cliché: because reading too many tragic novels makes you look at how life is just good as it is.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: -- Entertainment -- :: General Discussion-